SALUTE National Honor Society
Salute National Honor Society is the only National Honor Society in the nation that recognizes military service and the academic achievements of student veterans.
Benefits of joining SALUTE:
- Enhance your resume with a formal, academic acknowledgement
- Demonstrate commitment to your community through volunteer opportunities and engage in potential leadership opportunities as an officer
- Opportunities to network with potential employers that are seeking to hire qualified veterans
- Compete for scholarships and engage in national SALUTE programs
- Members will receive a stole to wear at graduation along with a formal certificate
- Federal hiring preference with honors merit
Eligibility (Undergraduate students)
- Qualify as a veteran/military student under Federal definitions. Applicants MUST submit a DD214 Member 4 copy that displays the character of service (honorable discharge). Applicants who are currently serving on active duty or in the Guard or Reserves must submit a copy of orders for their current duty assignment.
- Be currently enrolled as a student, and have a minimum of 12 course credits
- Maintain the highest ethical standards
- Undergraduate tiers:
- Alpha Tier: 3.75-4.00 GPA
- Bravo Tier: 3.50-3.74 GPA
- Charlie Tier: 3.25-3.49 GPA
Delta Tier: 3.00-3.24 GPA
Eligibility (Graduate Students)
- All graduate students need to have completed 9 course credit hours, hold at least a 3.5 GPA, and will be classified as a SALUTE Gold member.
How to apply:
- Applications to be inducted will be accepted until March 25th, 2022. The one-time, lifetime membership fee of $35 will be paid for those eligible to join the inaugural group.
- Click here to apply
- Once you are in SALUTE, members are encouraged to upgrade their tier as their GPA increases. Upgrading tiers increases students opportunity for greater scholarship money and members receive a personalized letter of recommendation from SALUTE National.
- To complete a tier upgrade students will need to complete a Tier Appeal Petition form (available through chapter advisor) and pay a $10 upgrade fee to the national headquarters, along with a copy of their unofficial transcript.